WHAT IS AROMATHERAPY?
The scent of flowers like roses and jasmines, fresh leaves of rosemary and peppermint, invigorating aromas of lemons and oranges as well as the calming fragrance of sandalwood makes. Aromatherapy, a healing art which combines the essential oils of aromatic herbs, flowers and trees to promote health of body and serenity of mind.
Fragrances can evoke the senses and create emotions, memories and images. Aromatherapy believes, how you feel can determine what you think, perceive, remember and ultimately, how you behave.
It is very important to feel good about yourself.
Smell good….feel good…..think good.
ESSENTIAL OIL SAFETY
- Essential oils are concentrated plant oils, and must be blended in base oils such as vegetable oils, before direct skin application.
- Essential oils should never be applied neat, nor blended in baby oil.
- Essential oils should never be consumed orally.
- Essential oils should never be applied in and around the eyes.
- Essential oils should not be used in pregnancy, on children below 12 years and in epilepsy, without proper supervision.
HOW TO USE AROMATHERAPY?
Massage all over the body or affected areas. Or use as a moisturiser after a Shower.
Add a capful of oil to your bath tub and soak in it.
Add a few drops of your favourite fragrance to the burner top and enjoy the fragrance permeating the room.
Or add a few drops to the water in the mopping bucket. Or add a few drops to water in a spray pump and use.
Add a few drops of the required essential oil to the hot or cold compress.